After I finished my fall garland I devoted my energy to my Slanting Gretel Tee and blocked it the day before Thanksgiving. I ended up making one more alteration before I finished. I bound off on the neckline sooner than in the pattern because I don't like my necklines to come up over my collarbone.
I therefore had more stitches when I bound off, so the neckline is wider than in the pattern. However, I think I might undo some things before I am completely satisfied. I am contemplating making the sweater an inch shorter and then shaping the neckline differently. After wearing my sweater a few times, I decided the neck felt rather constraining. I do love the various design features: the seed stitch stomach, the celtic-looking center cable, and the sleeve cables.
When we visit my husband's family, we always spend a lot of time sitting around talking, so I like to bring my knitting. I had crocheted a Bible cover a few months ago that I wasn't satisfied with, so over Christmas I took it apart and knitted a different one. I found a stitch pattern from the same book. I knitted one long piece and then sewed the pockets closed. This cover fits my Bible much better than the other one did.
Post a Comment